Mowgli - Children Swing of Bamboo Structure Upholstered with Telengana Handwoven Cotton
- Product Details
- Fabric Story
- Product USPs
- Product Specifications
- Measure Your Area
- Fabric Care Instructions
Mowgli. He swings from trees – carefree and innocent – he lives in the now, in the wild, in the state of nature he is meant to be in. Our Mowgli (Children's Swing) takes you back to days under the banyan and willow trees, to the Wonder Years before smartphones, Netflix, and digital sensory overload, back to reading books snuggled cosy, hot chocolate in hand.
100% handwoven cotton from the Deccan state of Telengana, striped and orange-hued for the outer part of the swing, and green-hued for the inside of the swing. The Father of handwoven cotton was the Father of the Nation, Mahatma Gandhi himself; he would spin cotton yarn for several hours every day and wore only the loincloth he spun. There is a huge movement for the revival of handwoven cotton known as the "khaadi" tradition in India today.
Adorable seat for the spirited kid and perfect reading nook for the one lost to Never Never Land engrossed with book in hand
Detachable swing with hook and chain if you want to move it and hang it from your ceiling or from a stand – you get to change it up whenever you want, however you want – your choice
The sturdy structure of bamboo cane from Kerala covered with low-density soft foam on the outside and inside to make it cushy and cozy – a must-have in every balcony if not children’s bedroom
Certified Master of Functionality-Ergonomics-Comfort-Aesthetics-and-Quality
*IMPORTANT NOTE ON SWING STAND: Metal stand does not come with the product - needs to be procured separately
NOTE on Patterns: Given the hand-crafted nature of the product, patterns in product may not be placed in the exact same places as in the product photos.
Fabric Details: Striped Orange Handwoven Cotton on the Outside, Striped Green Handwoven Cotton on the Inside
General specifications (h x b x l x depth): 40 in x 27 in x 35 in x 20 in (Swing); 80 in (6.6 feet) - Swing Stand
Structure: Rattan and Bamboo
Foam: Low Density PU Foam 200 mm
Measure Your Area:Before purchasing the furniture, measure the areas indicated in the images below and share them with us. We'd be happy to help you with navigating your space.
Reference product for this field: https://sihasn.com/collections/rocking-chair/products/ornate-rocking-chair
- Direct sunlight is bad for your upholstery. Too bad that fabric sunscreen doesn't exist.
- Spilled something on your upholstery? Blot(do not rub) as much of the spill as possible with a clean, dry, white cloth. Call those pros at the earliest.
- Lined, protective arm caps are a good idea, especially for new furniture – arms are the most soiled parts of the sofa and deserve some protection.
- Sitting on the edge of your seat are for theatres! Doing that on your sofa will ruin them
- Do NOT iron upholstery unless mentioned otherwise.
- Cute paws and wet noses are best left outside the sofa ;)
- Your sofa, like the human ego, is quite fragile. Pushing and pulling will result in scratches and damage. Please handle with care.
- Keep anyone from climbing on the frame to prolong its life.
- Hot/cold objects are meant for a table(with coasters), not your sofa!
- Spray your furniture with 3M ScotchGuard once in 6 months. They combat spills, stains and moisture!
- Make sure you brush/ vacuum your slipcovers at least once a month to keep them clean too!
- If slipped covers aren’t your thing, find a throw for your sofas. They keep your sofas clean and are a good accessory to cozy up with, in the cold.