Maze Patterned Dhurrie Armchair
- Product Details
- Fabric Story
- Product USPs
- Product Specifications
- Measure your Area
- Fabric Care Instructions
Majnun (Armchair) is insane. Driven crazy by his love for Laila, his tale is the inspiration for innumerable poems, ghazals, and paintings through the ages. Our Majnun is a dapper lover who does best when paired with counterpart Majnuns and better still, when paired with Laila! The romance of these two has its origins in the deserts of Arabia, but people in India believe that the couple finally eloped to Rajasthan where they were buried in the village of Bijnore in Sriganganagar district. Thousands of young lovers from all over the country visit the village in June to commemorate their love.
Our indigo block-printed cotton dhurries have been made by weavers of the prestigious organization, Jaipur Rugs. Rajput art and architecture were historically heavily influenced by Mughal aesthetics and sensibilities, and the Mughals, in turn, were profoundly influenced by the Mongols, Ottomans, and Persians. The maze-like geometric pattern on this fabric is that of a ram’s horn and signifies fertility; it has been woven for generations in Caucasian regions like Kazakhstan.
Mid-century modern structure facilitating easy maintenance, sweeping, and swabbing
Capacious bucket – as cosy as it is regal – that would put the Iron Throne to shame!
Durable and ever-lasting natural gum wood that is light-as-a-feather, yet stiff-as-a-board
Certified Master of Functionality-Ergonomics-Comfort-Aesthetics-and-Quality
Note on Patterns: Given the hand-crafted nature of the product, patterns in product may not be placed in the exact same places as in the product photos.
Fabric Details: Indigo Block-Printed Motif of Ram’s Horns (origins in Kazakhastan) on Flat-Weave Cotton
General specifications (l x b x h): 35 in x 30 in x 32.5 in
Seating height: 18.5 in
Seating depth: 21 in
Seating width: 22 in
Armrest height: 26.5 in
Wood: Natural Gum Wood & Plywood with Natural Brown Finish
Suspension System: Horizontal Spring with Nylon Straps
High Density below cushion on frame (single foam attached to frame), on sides of armrest, on back (outer structure of the product)
Removable cushion: High Density with Dacron Wrap
Before purchasing the furniture, measure the areas indicated in the images below and share them with us. We'd be happy to help you with navigating your space.
- Direct sunlight is bad for your upholstery. Too bad that fabric sunscreen doesn't exist.
- Spilled something on your upholstery? Blot(do not rub) as much of the spill as possible with a clean, dry, white cloth. Call those pros at the earliest.
- Lined, protective arm caps are a good idea, especially for new furniture – arms are the most soiled parts of the sofa and deserve some protection.
- Sitting on the edge of your seat are for theatres! Doing that on your sofa will ruin them
- Do NOT iron upholstery unless mentioned otherwise.
- Cute paws and wet noses are best left outside the sofa ;)
- Your sofa, like the human ego, is quite fragile. Pushing and pulling will result in scratches and damage. Please handle with care.
- Keep anyone from climbing on the frame to prolong its life.
- Hot/cold objects are meant for a table(with coasters), not your sofa!
- Spray your furniture with 3M ScotchGuard once in 6 months. They combat spills, stains and moisture!
- Make sure you brush/ vacuum your slipcovers at least once a month to keep them clean too!
- If slipped covers aren’t your thing, find a throw for your sofas. They keep your sofas clean and are a good accessory to cozy up with, in the cold.